Melfol Calm Balm
Melfol Calm Balm: the only aftercare regime you’ll need.
At Permanence, we believe natural beauty is the key to enjoy freedom for life. It’s why Melfol Calm Balm was developed with a unique understanding of how to best treat the skin post-electrolysis. It’s ingredients act as a natural antiseptic designed to cool, calm and relieve irritated skin. The unique formulation combines the healing properties of nature with scientific expertise to effectively free your skin from inflammation and irritation, where only the best ingredients are used. These include:
- Peppermint oil: which acts a natural disinfectant and is calming and refreshing
- Tea tree oil: an essential oil taken from native Australian melaleuca alternifolia leaves and a powerful natural antiseptic
- Menthol: naturally found in mint plants and extremely cooling when applied to skin
- Lanolin: a highly moisturising ingredient produced by sheep
- Zinc oxide: an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent
Regular application of Melfol Calm Balm will assist in the healing process. Follow the regime below and enjoy the results of your treatment forever.
Applying Melfol Calm Balm at Home
For best results, perform this daytime and the night-time treatment regime until the area has completely healed. This is usually only 2-3 days but can be a week and more with certain areas of the body. Your therapist will advise if this is likely to be the case with you. Continue with the simpler daytime treatment, both night and morning, until at least the seventh day after your treatment.
- Gently cleanse the treated area with Witch Hazel or a mild cream cleanser as part of your daily cleansing routine.
- Apply a thin layer of Melfol Calm Balm and gently massage it into your skin at the treatment area. If you wish to apply makeup, simply do so over the top of the Melfol Calm Balm. However, makeup should not be applied to the area for a minimum of 12 hours after electrolysis. If the skin is red or inflamed, do not apply makeup until the skin has settled.
- Gently cleanse the treated area with Witch Hazel or a mild cream cleanser.
- Apply a generous layer of Melfol Calm Balm as a mask to the treatment area.
- Wet a tissue with cool water or Witch Hazel and place over the layer of Melfol Calm Balm.
- Leave for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the excess Melfol with the tissue.
- Gently massage the remaining Melfol Calm Balm into your softened skin.